Hi everyone! I was nominated a few weeks ago by Angela over at The Cat with a Book for this award (thanks again Angela!).
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are “creative, positive, and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.”
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
• Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
• Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
• List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What do you love most about blogging?
Besides having a platform to rant all I want about books, I enjoy being able to meet other bibliophiles and seeing their literary suggestions. I’ve been able to learn a lot about different books I won’t have normally picked up before.
2. What’s your story behind your blog name?
I love books and coffee so I thought hey, why not name my blog after this. 😛
3. What’s one of your favorite quotes?
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Which book/series makes you happy?
I love the Agatha Christie mystery series. The Nancy Drew series also makes me happy because it reminds me of my childhood.
5. What distracts you most from reading?
Any noise does. I have to read in complete silence.
6. What is your favorite genre to read?
I would have to say the mystery genre. I’ve always enjoyed reading it. Although lately I’ve really been into historical fiction.
7. Any favorite type of music you listen to while reading?
I can’t listen to music when I’m reading.
8. Who is your favorite fictional character so far?
Only one?? Hmm…I like Scout from To Kill a Mockingbird. She kind of reminds me of myself when I was younger and I love how she doesn’t care what society says and has the courage to point out their faults even though she’s a kid.
9. Are there any movie adaptations you prefer more than the book?
I don’t think so, although there are a few movies (like To Kill a Mockingbird) that I think is just as good as the book, but I can’t say at the moment I have any adaptation I prefer over the book.
10. Which author would you ask to write your biography?
Hmm….that’s an interesting question. Maybe Erin Morgenstern? I’ve never really gotten over her beautiful descriptions and imagery in The Night Circus and would love to see how she would write about my life.
11. If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?
I feel like Bookends by Simon and Garfunkel would be really good.
I’m not sure who has already been tagged or not for this award, but I tag:
- Reading Under the Blankie
- It’s All About Books
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Book Jotter
- Advanced Muggle Studies
- Cup of Books
- Blame Chocolate
I like the questions asked, so I’ll keep some of them and add a few of my own:
- What was the worst book you ever read?
- If you could meet any author or character who would it be?
- Have you ever learned something new from reading?
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What’s the story behind your blog name?
- What distracts you most from reading?
- Which book/series makes you happy?
- What’s one of your favorite quotes?
- Is there a new hobby you hope to try sometime?
- What’s your favorite time of the year?
- If your life, as it is up to this point, was made into a film what song would be playing during the end credits?